Guidance for Department Heads: Faculty with COVID-19 Positive/Symptomatic Students
Updated September 25, 2020
- Department heads should tell their faculty in Northern Virginia to direct the student to the Schiffert Health Center (540-231-6444, email@example.com). The student should first call Schiffert for information on initial screening and to make a (virtual) appointment.
- Alternatively, students should be told they can also call the hospital or care facility nearest to them, or their primary doctor's office.
- Students who have paid the university health fee will not be charged for the testing at Schiffert. See Schiffert’s FAQs for more.
- Students with more specific questions should contact the Dean of Students office.
- Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff in the region should also stay informed of the actions taken by their local public health authorities.
- Information from local governments: