Hallema Sharif is a senior level, media, corporate and public relations professional with over 30 years of experience in multiple industry sectors. Her industry knowledge and expertise has positioned her to be one of the most sought-after communications and public relations experts.
Hallema has successfully developed, managed, and executed numerous global communications brand campaigns. In her career, she has been a successful business owner, news producer, media and public relations executive, press secretary, senior consultant, thought leader and spokesperson, served as a senior team member, etc. She has worked for corporations and organizations including New York University, Baruch College – the City University of New York, the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Young & Rubicam, global PR firm Burson-Marsteller, Black Entertainment Television, ABC, FOX News, Elavon, government officials at local and national levels, and the American Lung Association National Headquarters, just to name but a few.
Hallema has received numerous awards and recognitions for her work as well as for her community involvement on issues relevant to women and children. She serves as a mentor in multiple capacities and is highly regarded by many of her industry peers.
As a business owner, Hallema is the Owner/Chief Communications & Marketing Officer of her Communications/PR Consultancy “Hallema’s World” which is currently being managed in her absence. In addition to serving global clients Hallema started a program titled “Pick My Brain for Your Brand”, an on-and-offline lecture series to assist entrepreneurs, start-up companies, and small business owners who can’t afford many of the high costs associated with hiring a communications/marketing firm to establish brand relevance and generate awareness to those audiences important to their success.
Hallema has taught courses in English, Marketing and Public Relations at the university level and has served as a speaker at numerous industry events. Hallema is a proud member of the world-renowned Humphrey Jazz family out of New Orleans, Louisiana. Her great-grandfather is noted as the “Grandfather of Jazz.”
- NYU School of Communications, 2007. Innovative Marketing Lecturer
- Baruch College, 2008. Media & Public Relations Lecturer
- Hampton University, 2008. Media & Public Relations career lecturer
- Speaker, 2007 Bulldog PR Media Summit
- Speaker, 2007 Nationwide Lung Association Conference
- Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- 2004 Woman of the Year, City Business News
- 2003 YWCA Role Model
- Served as a Judge for the 2007 Annual American Academy of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology (AAAAI) Samter Journalism Awards
- Previous Advertising Women of New York
- Founding member/spokesperson of AMightyRiver.com Global Career Recruitment
- Previous New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Board Member
- Previous Film & Video Commission of New Orleans
- Previous Essence Music Festival Steering Committee
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)