The Franklin County Office of Economic Development and Tourism seeks an intern to develop new social media sites and enhance our current social media sites using emerging technologies.
An increased online and expanded social media presence will attract new visitors to the area as well as potential new residents, business owners, developers, etc.
This position will create both digital media and offline content that caters to the interests of our target audience(s). They will engage new and existing investors, residents, and visitors on the County’s behalf. General tasks include writing articles for our web pages, creating videos and social media posts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with department heads to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Conduct research to learn more about current trends, developments, and perceptions
- Identify new ways to reach consumers
- Create various content types (videos, articles, infographics, etc.)
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts
- Target content to specific audiences and focus on trending topics
- Incorporate blog and social media posts in both websites and social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram, etc.