Administrative Council for Extension and Experiment Station Research
The Administrative Council for Extension and Experiment Station Research exists to establish program direction and to facilitate program coordination across the colleges and program units that comprise the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station and the Virginia Cooperative Extension.
The council is composed of the following positions;
- Executive Vice President and Provost
- Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Dean, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Dean, College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Dean, Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Vice President for Outreach and International Affairs
- Vice President for Research
- Associate Dean and Director, Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Associate Dean and Director, Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station
- Executive Director of Government Relations
Other members of the university community may attend and participate in the meetings of the council as necessary.
The council is chaired by the Executive Vice President and Provost and staff support for the council is provided by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost. In the absence of the Provost, the Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences serves as chair.
The council meets monthly. Minutes shall be kept of council discussions and actions, and posted to the Administrative Council for Extension and Experiment Station Research website. The Provost may also call for special meetings of the council to address time sensitive issues.
In accomplishing its broader objectives the council is responsible for accomplishing the following duties:
- Intercollege strategic planning and performance reporting for combined Experiment Station and Extension efforts.
- Coordination and promotion of external communication strategies to inform constituent groups and the larger public about the mission and performance of the combined Experiment Station and Extension efforts. This includes the consideration of stakeholder input regarding future program direction.
- Recommendations to the Provost and CFO on the allocation of new and uncommitted funding.
- Recommendations to the Provost and CFO for reallocation of existing funding to accomplish program objectives.
- Annual review and approval of proposed allocations of faculty effort for each 229 funded position.